Global Entry is a United States Customs and Border Protection (CBP) program. This program allows faster clearance for pre-approved, low-risk travelers when they arrive in the U.S. Approved participants can choose to enter the United States by using automated kiosks if available. At an official Global Entry kiosks, a participant will present their machine-readable passport or U.S. permanent resident card. They they will place their fingertips on the scanner for fingerprint verification. Finally, they must complete a customs declaration. The kiosk will then issue the traveler a transaction receipt and direct the traveler to baggage claim and exit area. They avoid processing lines, paperwork and have decreased wait times along with quicker entry into other countries. In order to have this privilege, a traveler must be pre-approved after a strict background check and interview held in person. Once approved you will receive an official Global Entry card. To activate your card, you must sign in online however, if you do not have a GOES User ID, you will need to register. NOTE: please visit the site directly to verify the details and obtain more information.
If you have been approved and need to activate your Global Entry card, read below. We have provided a quick and basic “how to” guide below on how to activate your new Global Entry Trusted Traveler card online.
how to activate – Global Entry Trusted Traveler Card Online
what you need:
- internet access
- PASSID/Membership Number
- other personal information
what to do :
- visit: https://goes-app.cbp.dhs.gov
- click on the blue “Register” button
- proceed to answer all the questions and provide all the required information and move forward to complete the online registration
- sign in
- click on the “Activate Membership Card” button which is located under the “Program Membership” section on the Home page
- follow the remainder prompts for online activation