Kryptonite was established in 1971 by Michael Zane. Kryptonite began offering their customers the opportunity to purchase their Anti-Theft Protection Offer in 1978. The ATPO coverage amount for your bike or powersport vehicle is based on the type of lock purchased and the customer must register in order to qualify for these program. Again, the amount of coverage provided on your bike or powersport vehicle will be subject to level of security that the Kryptonite lock offers.
If your bike or powersport vehicle is stolen because of the malicious or unintended opening or breaking of the Kryptonite lock by force, they will pay you the lesser of one of the following, subject to a maximum amount based on the type of lock product identified in the claim: 
- the base cost of your bicycle or powersport vehicle excluding tax and accessories; OR
- any insurance deductible (Note: Kryptonite will require proof of payment from your insurance company prior to paying your deductible under this Offer).
To locate the ATPO coverage amount, look for the sticker on the front of your personal Kryptonite lock package or check the product page.
NOTE: Failure to register your product will void your warranty so you will want to make registration a priority. Also, if you simply want more information about the Kryptonite product warranty, click here.
NOTE: please visit the site directly to verify the details and obtain more information.
If you are a new or current customer that needs to activate your personal Kryptonite Anti-Theft Protection Offer registration, read below. We have provided a quick “how to” activation guide below to access the activation page to activate your Kryptonite Anti-Theft Protection Offer registration online.
how to activate -Kryptonite Anti-Theft Protection Offer Registration
what you need in advance:
- internet access
- have an official Kryptonite lock
- Kryptonite product details
- vehicle information that the lock is on / used for
- an itemized copy of the bill of sale
- an image of your bicycle or powersport vehicle
- personal information
what to do:
- visit: www.kryptonitelock.com/en/customer-service/register-for-anti-theft.html
- scroll down and click on the “Register” button
- select your area of residency
- click on the box to agree to the terms and conditions
- select your type of lock family and model
- provide your Key prefix and number
- input your purchase date
- upload a copy of your lock Bill of Sale / Receipt
- select the type of vehicle you own and then provide the details such as make, model, serial number and base price
- upload a copy of the Bill of Sale for the vehicle
- upload an image of the vehicle
- answer the insurance coverage question
- select the length of coverage you prefer
- click on the “NEXT” button
- continue to move forward until your receive your Kryptonite registration confirmation