American Home Shield was established in 1971. They offer consumers the opportunity to purchase plans that repair common household systems and appliances. American Home Shield offers a variety of warranties. If you would like to learn more about their warranties visit: www.ahs.com/pricing-and-plans.
A common request for American Home Shield customers is how to start a service request. Service is available 24 hours a day, all 7 days of the week online. Before you create a service request, make sure that you have followed some of the maintenance tips and quick fixes found here: www.ahs.com/service-center/maintenance-tips-and-quick-fixes.
NOTE: please visit the site directly to verify the details and obtain more information.
If you are a new or current customer that needs to activate your personal American Home Shield Warranty service request, read below. We have provided a quick “how to” activation guide below to access the activation page to activate the official American Home Shield Warranty service request online.
how to activate – American Home Shield Warranty Service Request
what you need in advance:
- internet access
- have an official American Home Shield Warranty
- have your American Home Shield Warranty details
- personal information
what to do:
- visit: www.ahs.com/request-service
- type in the zip code to the covered property in the space provided
- select how you want to find the warranty such as: by phone, contract number or street address and then provided the details in the spaces provided
- click on the “Find My Warranty” button
- continue to move forward and complete the American Home Shield Warranty Service Request
NOTE: a video is available to watch on how to create a service request with American Home Shield here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKDofnG4rWA or if you have any questions or concerns, you can call 1 800 776 4663 to speak with a live representative or use their automated system.
What you can expect once your request is submitted:
- one of their contractors will contact you to schedule an appointment
- when the Contractor arrives, you will pay your pre-determined Trade Service Fee
- the contractor will diagnose the problem and contact American Home Shield
- they will determine whether your problem is covered by your home warranty plan then the contractor will repair or replace your equipment
- they will follow up with you by email and/or phone to make sure your problem was resolved to your satisfaction