The Gore company was founded by Bill and Vieve Gore in 1958. GORE-TEX fabric was created in 1978, when they laminated their patented GORE-TEX membrane to high-performance textiles. They then allowed authorized garment manufacturers to make outerwear, accessories, and footwear. Water can’t penetrate GORE-TEX fabric and yet the fabric will remain breathable and allow for moisture from sweat to escape.
GORE-TEX has a “Guaranteed to Keep You Dry” promise that states no liquid from the outside will get to you on the inside of your product. Your product should be totally waterproof and able to withstand water entry in all active conditions.The following examples should not penetrate GORE-TEX fabric:
- water from a driving rain you’re caught in
- a damp bench that you happen to sit on
- wet grass that you kneel in
The “Guaranteed to Keep You Dry” promise also states that as long as the product has the GORE-TEX brand label on it and you are not completely satisfied with the waterproofness, windproofness, or breathability of your GORE-TEX product, they will repair it, replace it, or refund your purchase price. For more information about GORE-TEX “Guaranteed to Keep You Dry” promise, click here.
NOTE: please visit the site directly to verify the details and obtain more information.
If you are a new or current customer that needs to activate your new GORE-TEX product registration, read below. We have provided a quick “how to” activation guide below to access the activation page to register your GORE-TEX product online.
how to activate – GORE-TEX Product Warranty Registration
what you need in advance:
- internet access
- have an official GORE-TEX product
- have GORE-TEX product details
- personal information
what to do:
- visit: www.gore-tex.com/en-us/support/warranty-registration
- you will find that GORE-TEX no longer requires online registration
- visit: www.gore-tex.com/en-us/support/return-guide to start a return under the warranty and receive a return authorization number