Kryptonite was founded by Michael Zane in 1971. He invented the first U-lock. It was in 2001 that Kryptonite came out with their Key Safe Program. Kryptonite offers their clients the service of registering their Key or Combination online in case their keys to the Kryptonite lock are stolen. If your particular lock comes with the Key Safe Program, you will want to register your key so that if ever needed, you can receive two free keys. NOTE: If you are not sure if your Kryptonite lock comes with this service look for the Key Safe logo on the product package or check under the product features tab in the product section of the website. If your lock has a pre-set or resettable combination, you can register it online so that if you ever forget it, you can call for free to get them to give it to you.
NOTE: please visit the site directly to verify the details and obtain more information.
If you are a new or current customer that needs to activate your personal Kryptonite Key or Combination registration, read below. We have provided a quick “how to” activation guide below to access the activation page to activate your Kryptonite Key or Combination registration online.
how to activate -Kryptonite Key/Combination Registration
what you need in advance:
- internet access
- have an official Kryptonite lock
- Kryptonite product details
- personal information
what to do:
- visit: www.kryptonitelock.com/en/customer-service/register-keys-combination.html
- type in your name in the spaces provided
- type in your mailing address in the spaces provided
- type in your contact number in the space provided
- type in your email address in the space provided
- provide your Lock/Key Combination in the spaces provided
- OPTIONAL: add any additional keys and provide the required information
- click on the “Register” button to complete the registration