MoviePass was founded in 2011 by Stacy Spikes and Hamet Watt in New York City. MoviePass was created to allow members to subscribe to a movie ticketing service that allows them to pay a flat monthly fee to be able to watch a movie a day at any participating movie theater. Some frequently asked questions are as follows:
- WHAT IS MOVIEPASS?
- MoviePass is a theatrical subscription service. As of 2018, for $9.95 per month, members can see one standard 2D movie each and every day of the year.
- WHERE CAN I USE MOVIEPASS?
- The MoviePass is accepted at more than 91% of theaters in the U.S. To find a theater in your area, simply enter your zip code in the MoviePass app. If you do not have access to the app, visit the website, moviepass.com, and enter your zip code for a list of supported theaters.
- CAN MORE THAN ONE PERSON USE THE PASS?
- Currently the subscription offer is an individual membership which is non-transferable. They hope to add couples and family plans in the future. Each individual, at least 18 years of age, must purchase a separate subscription.
- WHAT IF I FORGET MY MOVIEPASS AT HOME?
- If the theater does not support e-ticketing, you’ll need your MoviePass card to purchase your ticket. Without your card, you would not be able redeem your check-in. Theaters that support e-tickets are as follows: MJR Digital Cinemas, Studio Movie Grill, B&B Theatres, and Goodrich Quality Theaters.
- HOW AND WHEN DO I GET MY MOVIEPASS CARD?
- You must register and sign up for a subscription account online. The card will arrive in the mail within 5-7 days but you can visit any participating e-ticketing theater immediately. NOTE: If you’re not prompted to enter your address when signing-up, you may have e-ticketing theaters in your area, noted by a red ticket icon next to the theater name. Since you only need the app at these theaters, a MoviePass card is not issued upon sign-up.
- HOW DO I USE MOVIEPASS?
- Use the MoviePass app to view films available in your area and theater. Once you decide on a film, click on the showtime and click on the “Check-In” button.
- You have 30 minutes available to use the redemption code. If you can’t find your redemption code, click the “hamburger menu” in the top left-hand corner of your app. After pressing the icon, select “E-Tickets,” from the drop-down menu. You should see your confirmation code there. Present the redemption code at the kiosk or box office to retrieve your ticket. NOTE: if this is not a e-ticketing theater, swipe your MoviePass card at the box office or kiosk.
You may connect socially with MoviePass via:
NOTE: please visit the site directly to verify the details and obtain more information.
Before you can get the most of your official MoviePass Subscription account, you will need to join online or view them online. If you are a customer that needs to activate your personal MoviePass Subscription account, read below. We have provided a quick “how to” activation guide below to activate an official MoviePass Subscription account online.
how to activate – an official MoviePass Subscription account
what you need in advance:
- internet access
- personal information
- must be at least 18 years old
what to do if you want to activate an official MoviePass Subscription account:
- visit: https://www.moviepass.com/register/
- type in your name in the spaces provided
- type in a valid email address in the spaces provided
- create and type in a password in the spaces provided
- click on the “NEXT STEP” button
- type in your shipping address in the spaces provided
- input your payment information
- click on the “START MEMBERSHIP” button
what to do if you want to activate an official MoviePass App:
- visit: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/moviepass/id556183291?mt=8 for IOS devices or https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.moviepass.mobile&hl=en_GB for Android devices
- OR visit the App or Play store directly on your device