Medicaid and CHIP (Children’s Health Insurance Program) help families, individuals, teens, pregnant women and kids with medical bill expenses such as doctors bills, hospital bills and medicines. All you need to do is fill out ONE application to see if you can be approved for coverage. NOTE: please visit the site directly to verify the details and obtain more information. We have provided a quick “how to” activation guide below for you to activate and apply for CHIP or Medicaid benefits online.

how to activate- CHIP or Medicaid Application

what you need:

  • internet access
  • be a US citizen or have a front and back copy of your Resident Card with an arrival/departure form or any other U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services paperwork
  • social security number or proof that you have applied for one
  • proof of income or self-employment
  • any social security, pension benefits or supplementary security income stubs or letters if applicable
  • any child support stubs or receipts if applicable
  • proof of any child support you pay, child care or associated cost, or alimony
  • a Veterans’ benefits, unemployment or workers’ compensation letter or pay stub if applicable
  • other personal information

what to do:

  • visit:
  • click on the “Apply for benefits” tab at the top of the page or under section titled “Apply for benefits” click on the “You need to login.” link
  • click on the “Set up account” button
  • click on the “OK” button
  • answer the question about anyone else in your home receiving Medicaid or CHIP benefits
  • click on the “Save and go to next page” button
  • find the section titled “Health-care benefits (Medicaid and CHIP) and then make the appropriate selection
  • scroll down and click on the “Save and go to next page” button
  • from the drop down box choose the number in people in your home
  • answer the question about income and then click on the “Save and go to next page” button
  • click on the “Set up an account on” button
  • type in and provide all the required information and set up your account
  • once your are done and logged in, you will then need to fill out and submit the application

NOTE: if you need any further help or assistance call 211 or 1-877-541-7905