Zippos was founded in 1932 by George G. Blaisdell but the history dates back to the earlier 1930’s. Zippo has a “It works or we fix it free.” promise or guarantee shen he decided to refashion the appearance of lighters. No matter how old the product is, they will fix it for free. So the guarantee follows the product not the owner. Some of the items available for repair are:
- hand warmers
NOTE: please visit the site directly to verify the details and obtain more information.
Before you can get the most of the “It works or we fix it free.” promise, you will need to review the details of the program. If you are a customer that needs to activate your personal Zippo Lighter, Hand Warmer or Knife repair or replacement request, read below. We have provided a quick “how to” activation guide below to activate your personal Zippo Lighter, Hand Warmer or Knife repair or replacement request online.
how to activate – Zippo Lighter, Hand Warmer or Knife repair or replacement request
what you need in advance:
- internet access
- have an official clean Zippo product
- have Zippo product details
- have a Zippo proof of purchase for certain products
- personal information
what to do if you want to activate your personal Zippo Lighter, Hand Warmer or Knife repair or replacement request:
- visit: www.zippo.com/customercare/repairs.aspx
- click on the small red “Click here” link or click here.
- NOTE: the form is typable
- type in the company name if applicable
- type in your name in the space provided
- type in your mailing address in the spaces provided
- choose any and all the reasons for repair
- add any special comments in the space provided
- type in the amount enclosed if applicable
- print the form and send it with your package
- follow the remainder instructions for returning and repairing your Zippo item