Reasons to know what is covered under the Cisco 90 Day Limited Hardware Warranty:
- Warranty duration: 90 days
- Hardware replacement: Cisco or its service center will use commercially reasonable efforts to ship a replacement part within 10 working days after receipt of the RMA request.
- Hardware warranty commences from the date of shipment to customer (and in case of resale by a Cisco reseller, not more than 90 days after original shipment by Cisco).
- Warranty allows guest access only to Cisco.com.
A popular question is: What is included in a Cisco warranty?
Answer: “Warranties provide limited liability for Cisco or its designated representative to repair and/or replace defects in Cisco products. They are generally limited in both the duration and the support they offer. Warranties generally do not include Cisco Technical Assistance Center (TAC) support, software updates, or any of the additional benefits obtained under a support service contract. It is the responsibility of Cisco or Cisco’s designated representative to repair and/or replace the Cisco product within the time frame identified in the warranty card or license agreement that accompanied the originally purchased Cisco product. Cisco reserves the right to refund the purchase price as its exclusive warranty remedy.”
Elements covered under a Cisco warranty are:
- Hardware: This guarantees that the hardware will be free of defects in material and workmanship under normal use, or it will be replaced by Cisco or Cisco’s designated representative.
- Software: This guarantees that the physical media are free from defects, or they will be replaced by Cisco. Also, the warranty guarantees that the software generally conforms to the published specifications for the product. Software is provided “as is,” and in no event does Cisco warrant that the software is error free or that customer will be able to operate the software without problems or interruptions. Warranty does not include software updates.
Note: Some Cisco Catalyst fixed switches are covered by the Cisco Catalyst OS software update policy. The software policy is not a part of warranty and is subject to change without notice.
NOTE: please visit the site directly to verify the details and obtain more information.
If you are a new or current customer that needs to activate your Cisco Limited Product Warranty, read below. We have provided a quick “how to” activation guide below to access the activation page to activate your Cisco Limited Product Warranty information request online.
how to activate – Cisco Limited Lifetime Warranty
what you need in advance:
- internet access
- information about your official Cisco product
- personal information
what to do:
- visit: www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/warranty-listing.html
- review all the official information about Product Warranties with Cisco
NOTE: you can use the Warranty Finder to determine which Cisco warranty applies to a specific product or product family.