American Express began in 1850 and offers a variety of gift cards. They have business and consumer gift cards that also be sent online called eGift cards. These cards must be activated online. NOTE: please visit the site directly to verify the details and obtain more information.
If you are a new American Express Gift card customer you will want to activate the card immediately. We have provided a quick “how to” activation guide below for you to activate the American Express Gift card online.
how to activate- American Express Gift Card Online:
what you need:
- internet access
- have an official American Express Gift Card
- personal information
what to do to activate the American Express Gift Card Online:
- visit: www.americanexpress.com/gift-cards and review gift cards available
- NOTE: Gift Cards are activated as soon as you sign the back of the Gift Card but in some cases, it may be inactive for up to four hours after purchased. The recipient of an eGift card must activate the eGift Card by following the instructions delivered to the recipient via email. Since each card is unique, instructions will also be unique for each card. Follow those instructions provided.
what to do to check the American Express Gift Card Balance Online:
- visit: www.americanexpress.com/gift-cards
- at the top of the page click on the tab titled “Received a Card”
- type in your card number in the space provided
- click on the blue “Continue” button
- provide any other requested information and move forward until the balance is provided