H&R Block is one the companies approved by the Free File Alliance (FFA). The FFA is a public-private partnership between the IRS and participating tax preparers. It provides eligible taxpayers free access to prepare and file their federal tax returns using the online programs of the participating tax preparers, here being H&R Block. They call their free filing system the At Home Program.
When you start for free with them, they will walk you through a step-by-step interview and ask simple questions to help you enter the right information. There are no calculations for you to figure out, and they have an “Advice & Help” section on each screen that answers your questions along the way.
Once you log into the At Home program, free help is available within Personal Answer Center. The Personal Answer Center provides answers to a broad range of topics, including tax questions, program help, technical support, tax terminology and IRS regulations.
NOTE: please visit the site directly to verify the details and obtain more information.
If you are interested in filing your taxes for free with H&R Block, read below. We have provided a quick “how to” activation guide below to file your taxes online for free with H&R Block.
how to activate – Free Official H&R Block Tax Filing At Home Program
what you need in advance:
- internet access
- personal information
what to do if you want to file your taxes online for free using the H&R Block:
- visit: www.hrblock.com/ffa
- click on the “Start For Free” button
- click on the “Create Account” button (highly recommended over the “Start Without an Account” option)
- type in a valid email address in the space provided
- create and type in a user name in the space provided
- create and type in a password in the spaces provided
- click on the “Next” button
- choose your security questions and then provide the answers in the spaces provided
- OPTIONAL: type in and provide your contact number
- click on the box to agree to the terms and conditions
- click on the “Create Account” button
- continue to move forward and provide all the additional information to make processing your free tax filing online with H&R Block