Verizon is top leading internet service provider. They operate in 150 countries and rank #13 in Fortune. Verizon became available in 2000 when Bell Atlantic Corp. merged with GTE Corp. The fastest internet service offered by Verizon is Fios. For a view of different Fios plans, click here www.verizon.com/home/fios-fastest-internet . You will find that they offer up to 500 Mbps and fast upload speeds. They offer the option to do a self-install or set up professional installations. Verizon also offers 3 types of internet services.
- The equipment setup includes an Optical Network Terminal (ONT)
- Connects to your modem through a coaxial cable
- Customers can receive up to 50/20 mbps download/upload speeds
High Speed Internet (DSL)
- Connects to your modem through a phone line
- Customers can receive up to .5/1 mbps download/upload speeds
- Connects to your computer through a phone line
- When you initially connect to the Internet it produces a hissing noice
- Customers can not use the phone and Internet at the same time
NOTE: please visit the site directly to verify the details and obtain more information.
If you are a new customer that wants to browse and shop for internet packages with Verizon, read below. We have provided a quick “how to” activation guide below to access the official Verizon home internet page.
how to activate – Verizon Home Internet Services
what you need in advance:
- internet access
- other personal information
what to do:
- visit: www.verizon.com/home/highspeedinternet
- view the different options available and then click on any red “Check Availability” button or “Shop for bundles” button